1) Where are you from?
2) How would you best describe your art style?
My work can be described as surreal and accentuated with a lot of detail, many of my designs feature skulls, owls, patterns and bold outlines. I frequently use owls as my signature with black/white or monochrome colors.
3) Where do you find your inspiration when creating your art?
I get so much inspiration from tattoos, ornate art, and black and white stuff. If I need some inspiration, I know where to find it.
4) When did you know you wanted to make a career in the art world?
I’m not sure; I’ve been drawing and making weird stuff since I was a kid. I can remember when I dropped out of College at the end of 2007, at that point I decided to focus on illustration as my job, no matter what.
5) How does art impact your day to day life or your impression of the world as a whole?
Do you believe art/design can create a better world? That’s what I believe.
6) What does a day of creating the artwork look like for you and how to you start your creative process?
I drink coffee 3-5 times a day and trust me; it works well for your mood. When you’re in the right mood, you can go on auto-pilot when you hold your pen or Wacom.
I’m not someone that waits for inspiration to make a piece of art. I don’t know, I just make some sketches, do some inking and finish it. If I’m not working on commission work, I’m making stuff for my store or some contest.
7) When you’re not creating, what do you like to do with your time?
I don’t know why, but I still like watching Star Wars and Alien when I have free time. Also, I always enjoy cooking dinner with my wife and running 5k in the morning.
8) What artist (either current or past) do you most admire and why?
I’m a die-hard fan of HR Giger, Ralph McQuarrie, Frank Frazetta and Mike Giant.
9) What’s the best advice that’s been given to you as an artist?
Make sure you always get the best quality coffee while working on your project. Coffee makes everything possible.
Shop all of Godzillarge’s designs here.