Featured Artist: JUNNXY
JUNNXY is a team of two illustrators, Pochtee and TimXez.
1) Imagine you are sitting down to create art…What is your ideal surrounding? Is there music playing etc.?
Ideal surrounding is to be alone. Sometimes it means to create a border between artist and other people. And music is one of the best ways to create this border. It allows to create art not only at home, but literally everywhere. So, ideal surrounding? The feeling that nothing can disturb you at this very moment - that's the most important thing.
2) What is your favorite medium to create art? Is there one you would like to try?
We both work at our apartments, so, I think, that's the favorite medium? We've got everything we need at home, so… It's comfortable, it's secure, it's easy to get to. Not very exciting
There's one more point of view - traveling. Every trip creates it's own, unique medium and leaves a trace in our creations.
3) How do your dreams influence your artwork?
Sometimes dreams are the source of ideas, sometimes dreams make hints at solutions. Good to know that brain keeps thinking out while sleeping .
4) What do you do when you aren’t feeling inspired? How do you find your muse?
Just keeping up the work! It's not necessary to create a masterpiece every time. So we just put our major projects aside and spend some time practicing something new, doodling around, studying references and illustrations.
5) What fictional world would you like to live in? How does your art reflect this?
100 years ago most of modern technologies were just fantasies. At some extent we're living in a fictional world! Artifiсial Intelligence, neurolinks, bionic prosthetics, autopilots, lasers, etc. So, we hope our art reflects not a fictional world, but a real one, with all good and bad in it.
6) What famous piece of art do you wish you owned?
Timxez: I'd like to own the Black Square by Kazimir Malevich. And would be fun to own some paintings by Hieronymus Bosch.
Pochtee: Honestly, I see no reasons to own a piece of art at all What's the point?
7) If you could change one aspect of society with your art, what would it be?
It would be really nice, if people could show a little bit more confidence. It would be great, if we all could make less lies.
8) What superpower would you like? How does it inspire your creative process?
Pochtee: Teleportation, I think. But I don't think it affects art
Timxez: I don't get it. Being a normal person is pretty awesome
9) What do you wish someone had told you about pursuing art, when you first started?
Pochtee: I just wish I've started it a bit earlier.
Timxez: "Don't be too lazy! Art is not doing itself". Sad that I found it out the hard way